Historic

Work in the Lab begins for Hubbard Park site, Iowa City (13JH1440)

by Cynthia Peterson, University of Iowa Office of the State Archaeologist
 
Archaeological field work has ended at Iowa City’s Hubbard Park site on the University of Iowa campus. Now, work shifts to laboratory processing of the excavated artifacts. 
 
Volunteers from near and far are an important part of this endeavor, working alongside OSA archaeologists.

A Lady's Syringe

This example is one of the “Dr. F. Wilhofts (Original) Lady’s Syringe”, produced by Goodyear Rubber around 1900, was recently recovered from a stone well in Iowa City during an archaeological investigation.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Historic