The OSA provides programs, resources, and opportunities for people of all ages to understand and appreciate Iowa's archaeological heritage and preserve it for the future. OSA's archaeology education staff offer a selection of interactive, hands-on classroom presentations; teacher workshops; scholarly, informative community lectures; office/laboratory tours for small groups; activity or exhibit-based information booths at fairs and festivals; para-professional training for land stewards and environmental professionals and volunteers; and drone workshops.
On occasion, archaeologists from OSA travel across the state to give grant-based or project-sponsored presentations free of charge. For all other presentations, we must charge fees that cover speaker and transportation costs. For community lectures and school programs, choosing an option from our program menus helps to keep our costs at a minimum. We are happy to customize programs or develop new ones for additional fees.
- K-12 Activities
- Teacher Workshops
- Community Lectures
- Information Booths
- Office Tours
- Para-Professional Training
- Using Drones: Applications of Aerial Reconnaissance in Historic Preservation
If you know someone willing to make a contribution contribute to help us defray the costs of visiting communities across the state, please let them know they can make a tax-deductible, charitable donation! Options for providing support are:
- Donate to the Midwestern Archaeology Fund
- Provide an unrestricted gift to supported education and outreach via the Iowa Archeological Society
- Become a Corporate Sponsor
- Make a contribution to subsidize costs for a program or initiative of your choice