We’re inviting all University of Iowa students to a museum open house for exploration, fun, games, and prizes. Join the Pentacrest Museums with special guests as we share the coolest stuff on campus in the coolest place on campus. Start in Iowa Hall at the Museum of Natural History to grab your Museum Passport and begin your journey. Bring your friends, collect stamps at 6 hidden stations, find extra surprises throughout the Museum, complete photo challenges, and collect your winnings! #prizes
Here are some stops you’ll find along the way:
- Awesome Archaeology: Join the Office of the State Archaeologist to find out what makes Iowa particularly awesome for Archaeology and Anthropology.
- I Dig Fossils!: Explore fossils with UI Paleontology by simulating a fossil dig where you can “excavate” items.
- Behind the Vault: Did you know most museums only display about 10% of what they have in their collections? We’re no different! Get a rare glimpse of collections from the vault at the Museum of Natural History.
- Rocks & Magic Minerals!: Geologists showcase some cool rocks and fluorescent materials with a blacklight. Take your own rock with you!
- Museum Match-Up: A good old fashioned matching game with the Museum Studies program.
- Make and Take: Get fun and creative with writing and drawing prompts inspired by exhibitions in Bird Hall at the Museum of Natural History.
- Snack Station: SNACKS!
- AND more...
This event is organized by the Pentacrest Museums Student Advisory Board in effort to build playful Museum engagement opportunities for undergraduates.